Thursday, August 17, 2023

1975 - Chiefs at Cowboys - Enhanced ABC Broadcast - 1080p/60fps - ATLNews


I've enhanced the 1975 Week 8 Monday Night Football game between the Chiefs and the Cowboys. I upscaled, denoised, sharpened, and doubled the framerate with Topaz. I then used Da Vinci Resolve to adjust contrast and to inject much needed color. See before/after shots here -- https://ift.tt/HhFNaKU -- This recording was in pretty good shape to start with, but the picture was very soft, details weren't sharp, and the color was very drab - this was likely a copy of a copy of the original network tape. The enhancement really helped overall, but this clearly isn't the best vintage game presentation you'll ever see. The color somewhat bleeds out now after increasing the saturation, but I felt it was better to go that route, as opposed to sticking with a muted and dull palette. My thanks to romelovesdan for providing me the DVD files used for this project.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sqW6DDUptk

No comments:

Post a Comment