Wednesday, August 18, 2010

T-Mobile G2 - Hoping it works better than the T-mobile G1

This blogger misses his Apple iPhone, but not the tirany of AT&T, which posted a monthly charge of $1,033.36 on the account, said it was wrong, then (amazingly) another group of AT&T drones tried to defend it.

By contrast, T-Mobile service has been a slice of heaven; but the T-Mobile G-1's another story.

The problem with my currently inactive T-mobile G1 is that for some reason the widgets stopped working one by one, until eventually I could not send a message, then the phone would not even allow me to make a call. The entire device just plain went black.

Now, I have insurance, but unlike my trusty T-Mobile phone store on Lake Park and Lakeshore in Oakland, Ca, the T-Mobile phone stores here in Suburban Atlanta treat the idea of providing a loaner phone or a replacement like it's a big headache. One retailer here told me I had to wait until I returned to Oakland!

I wound-up buying a cheap phone to use until I return to Oakland.

(Hey, watch my video on this, soon!)

So, now the T-Mobile G2's coming out, and it promises to be a better phone from the perspective of what I call "doable coolness," at least the description implies that:

The T-Mobile G1 was the world's first Android - powered phone. Launched nearly two years ago, it created an entirely new class of mobile phones and apps. Its successor, the T-Mobile G2 with Google, will continue the revolution.

The T-Mobile G2 will deliver tight integration with Google services and break new ground as the first smartphone designed to run at 4G speeds on our new HSPA+ network. In the coming weeks, we’ll share more details about the G2 and offer exclusive first access to current T-Mobile customers.

Which means me.

But considering the problems I'm having with the T-mobile G1, T-mobile should give me the T-Mobile G2 for free.

I mean, why pay for a new G2, just to take the chance the T-Mobile G2's going to go the same supercritical route as the T-Mobile G1?

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment